Make a year-end gift to MoMI
Last July, MoMI opened The Jim Henson Exhibition, a permanent exhibition housed in a brand-new gallery space at the Museum. This dynamic experience explores Henson’s groundbreaking work for film and television and his transformative impact on culture. At the same time, it serves as a springboard for “seriously fun” education programs that draw upon the universal appeal and accessibility of Jim’s work and the positive social values embodied within it: creativity, community, collaboration, humor, and kindness.
Speaking of kindness, we hope that you will consider being part of our efforts to make MoMI’s education programs accessible to visitors of all ages, ethnicities, and abilities. One of the special programs we have launched, thanks to a lead gift from Cheryl Henson, is Access Mornings @ MoMI, in which we invite young visitors on the autism spectrum and their families to explore the Museum. In a quiet and distraction-free setting, Museum educators guide these visitors through artmaking projects in which they can express themselves creatively.
Your gift to the Museum will allow us to broaden our Access Mornings @ MoMI offerings and other Henson-related education programs:
- $1,500 will make possible a mobile puppetry station for use with all Henson-related education workshops, including Access Mornings @ MoMI.
- $1,000 will make two iPads available to groups of young people participating in our weekend workshops.
- $500 will fund a video camera for children to explore the Henson exhibition through their own eyes by creating media about the Museum.
- $250 will fund a puppetry workshop focused on social skills, hosted by a professional puppeteer.
- $100 will allow five families to participate in Access Mornings @ MoMI free of charge.
- $50 will fund an interactive puppet for use in family workshops, enabling families to try out puppet design and performances for the screen.
- $25 puts a design toolkit featuring art materials and digital media tools into the hands of one family.
We know that at this time of year you are receiving many requests for support. I hope that ours will stand out for the very real ways that the moving image and the magic of Jim Henson can excite and inspire people of all ages and abilities!
Thank you for considering a gift to the Museum. Sending warm wishes this holiday season,